Not a lot of people are even aware that car auctions exist, but maybe you are aware and are considering attending one? We look at the pros and cons of doing so.
- Cars at auctions are a lot cheaper than buying from a garage. Most sellers are looking for a quick sell.
- The best brands and models will be sold at cheap prices
- You might end up buying something quite rare, that you wouldn’t find in a normal garage
- Your car would have been reviewed before being allowed to be sold, so no chance of any obvious problems
- Second-hand doesn’t always mean two drivers. You don’t know how many past drivers the car has had
- You have to ask why people are willing to sell the cars so cheap. Has it been stolen, repossessed? Or is it someone simply trying to make a quick buck.
- Although a pro in the sense that cars are checked, you might miss signs of mechanical damage that isn’t obvious on the exterior.